Monday, October 22, 2007

Birds in the storm

While Dallas, Delaney, and Denae were all in bed sick, Darilyn was feeling a little lost and left out of all the attention. She was walking around outside and I decided to join her. We spent some time admiring the rain clouds that were coming up and the birds twittering about in the trees. We even took some pictures when we would find them. Something about the birds singing at the tops of the trees in spite of the cool weather and the storm clouds put me in the thoughtful mood. Sometimes our life has storm clouds blowing about and we know that a major, or maybe just a minor, storm is about to happen. But instead of worrying about what we can't change and fretting about what is out of our hands, we should spend our time singing and praising because God knows where we are and He is always there to help us. Besides, when I think of how many storms He has brought me through so far, why should I worry that He won't come through this time? He always has and He always will! Just a few thoughts I had while admiring the birds. Hope you enjoy the pics of Darilyn's and my birds. Maybe they will inspire you, too, to sing in spite of the storm!


3 comments:

Jolene Harris said...

Hello Melissa, I came to your site from Ronda's, iluv2prshim. I had a few extra moments before I start my day so I thought I would just start reading through some new sites I had never been to before. God led me straight to your site. I must say it is exactly what I needed to read.

I especially liked what you had to say about not worring and fretting about what is out of our hands but that we should spend our time singing and praising because God knows where we are and He is always there to help us. I have recently been told I have a brain tumor and though I know that God has everything under control every once in awhile I still get a little panicky. God spoke to me again this morning through this post and once again I know that all is well. God is so good!!! He knows just when I need an encouraging word and He always sends it and lets me know that He is still there right by my side. I love Him so much.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am uplifted and ready to start my day.

Melissa said...

Jolene, I am glad God was able to minister to you through my blog. That is what it is all about! I will be praying for you. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I think that when we can remember that we are all in this together and that our purpose here on earth is to reach the lost and to uplift our brothers and sisters, we will let the Lord use us through whatever means that He choses...even blogsites. God Bless You, Jolene.
A special note to my daughter, continue following the spirit of the Lord and write the words that He directs.
Love,
Mom