Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Princess Delaney!

Seven years ago today I held my firstborn child for the first time. I looked into her sweet face and cuddled her close. I watched as her daddy snuggled her to him and called her princess. Since that moment I have never been the same.
Delaney, your are a blessing to us. Your sweetness, your desire to learn, your willingness to help, your sensitivity to the Lord. All of these things and so much more make up who you are. You try your best at everything you do and you succeed, whether it is learning to ride a bike, school work, or Bible Quizzing. I still remember telling you a Bible story when you were about 2 1/2 yrs old. Daddy usually told the bed time Bible stories, but he was out of town, so it was my turn. I tried to play down the firey furnance in the story of the 3 Hebrew children, but you stopped me. "NO, Mommy, not a hair on their head was burned and they didn't even smell like smoke. Only the ropes were burnt." Since then you have been wowing your teachers at both school and Sunday School with the knowledge you have at your age. And I can't forget to mention when, at 1 year old, Daddy offered to kiss your owie, but you proceeded to kiss it yourself. Little Miss Independent. But you still love to snuggle up in our laps and whisper that you love us. I guess next to holding you for the first time, seeing you receive the Holy Ghost at 5 years old and then get baptized a few months later have to be the most precious moments of my life as your mommy. I love you, Princess! You bring so much joy to our lives and we can't wait to see all the wonderful things God has in store for you.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Delaney!!
You are a beautiful granddaughter both inside and outside. Wish we were there to celebrate with you today. Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We love you and YOU ARE SPECIAL!!
Love,
Grandma & Poppa

Anonymous said...

dear dealaney, I miss you so very much oh yeah happy late b-day xoxox hugs and kisses loove you and miss you all

Anonymous said...

dear dealaney, I miss you so very much oh yeah happy late b-day xoxox hugs and kisses loove you and miss you all

Anonymous said...

dear dealaney, I miss you so very much oh yeah happy late b-day xoxox hugs and kisses loove you and miss you all