Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ramblings and a Christmas Card Photo

A couple of days ago I took pics of my kids for our Christmas card. I posed them all as sleeping angels. You can see the end result on the side bar of this page. Anyways, Denae's turn was last. Of course by then she was ready for her turn as she thinks she is just as big as the rest. She hopped right up on the "cloud" and laid down, but of course, being only 18 mos old, wouldn't close her eyes. I took several shots and she laid so still for all of them. I just had to share this one in color. Her big blue eyes just take my breath away. She looks so precious and innocent and cuddley. God has truly blessed me with all of my wonderful children. Not that they, and we as parents, don't have our moments of "un-angelic" behavior, but God has really, really been awesome to us. I look around sometimes at others who have more and can get envious for second, I will admit. Who doesn't wish they could do more, give more, be more to their children, to their church, or to whatever their passion is? But honestly, when I really think about my life, my family, my heritage, all I can see are the blessings of God: a great childhood with awesome parents and brothers and sisters, a wonderful husband, an unbelievable church and church family, friends and extended family that are always there when you need them and even when you don't : ), a good job, a home, food and clothing, trials that the Lord has brought me through, and my children, my precious, loving, trying children. Now, seriously, how could I ask for more? I just look at pictures like the one above and I can remember just how blessed I truly am.

No comments: