Thursday, December 6, 2007

Just Checking In

It has been almost a week since my last post, and I wanted to catch everyone up on our lives. We have been fighting colds the past week. So far the hardest one hit has been me, although I am feeling a bit better now. I have also been busy with some work I do from my home. The kids are doing fine. Delaney and Darilyn both got progress reports last week with great reviews. They also recently started to get an allowance and they are taking their jobs very seriously. They are such great helpers. Dallas is busy getting his dad to teach him Bible Quizzing verses. He is also trying to learn to climb trees. Uh oh! His last attempt gave him a pretty bad scrape on his back, but did not result in a Dr. visit, thank goodness. Denae is just as bright as ever, talking more, and, my personal favorite, putting toys and things back where they go. She also likes to try to copy the hand clap games the girls play. It is pretty funny. Kevin is busy with work which is going great. As usual, he has both his "regular" job with the flooring distributor as well as roofing sales. It keeps him pretty busy. I recently joined Signs of Praise, our church sign team. We are preparing for a Christmas service right now and I am enjoying learning the song. It is a lot of fun and the ladies involved are just awesome. I of course am also busy with christmas cards and christmas shopping. Oh, the season of great joy!! I really do love the Christmas season, all the lights and decorations, the music, the cold weather, and of course the giving of gifts. But lets not forget the real reason for all the celebration. Jesus gives us this love to share and the reason we can celebrate.

On a different note, I wanted to tell my mom congratulations on doing so well on her last final on medical terminology. Great job, Mom. You continue to amaze and inspire me.

Well, I am going to join my family now for some Bible Quizzing review and other fun things in front of the fire. Until next time, have a great holiday season.

No comments: