Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Flower Bouquet

We have been having such great weather lately and the kids have been enjoying their break from school the last couple of weeks by playing outside as much as possible. They go back this Friday, so this week was the "last hurrah." Yesterday they suprised me by bringing me a plastic wheel barrow full of flowers from our yard and trees. They were so happy with what they had found and wanted me to enjoy it as much as they did. I put a few in a vase and the little ones I put in a bowl. Darilyn's favorites are the little purple ones. She likes how they smell. What a sweet surprise and great way to enjoy a little of the wonderful spring weather inside. I suppose you could say that this was a great reminder for me to stop and smell the roses, I mean flowers. We have been pretty busy lately with getting the quizzing thing off the ground along with other of life's responsibilities, but taking time to enjoy the flowers with my kids and appreciate their beauty and the beautiful spirits of my kids was just what I needed to put it all in perspective.

No comments: