Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Darilyn gets the Holy Ghost!


Last night, while studying our Bible Quizzing verses, the girls and I took time out for a prayer meeting to address some attitude issues we were having. We began to pray, asking for God to help us learn His word and to help us keep a right attitude. Then we turned our prayer to the upcoming No Limits, asking God to touch us in a special way at the conference. I prayed special prayers for each of the kids, and as a mother will when praying for her kids, I tapped into Holy Ghost in a powerful way. The girls are very tender towards God and His moving, so they began to cry and call out to Him. Delaney started speaking in tongues and I encouraged her to let God touch her in a special way. Darilyn began to sob and pray for the Holy Ghost. Delaney and I prayed for her and when God began to touch her, I called Kevin on the phone (he was out of town for work). With her daddy praying for her over the phone, and her mom and sister praying for her, Darilyn 's lips began to stammer and she started speaking in tongues! It was so awesome to feel the spirit of God intensify in our living room as Darilyn got the Holy Ghost. What an awesome night! God touched both of the girls in an awesome way. When we were done, Denae, who watched the prayer meeting while destroying a magazine, came over to me and buried her face in our ottoman and started 'praying.' She then stood up and looked at me so I put my hand on her head and raised her hand and prayed for her. She raised her other hand and stood smiling so happy to get prayed for. I guess it is all about training our children in the ways of God. What precious memories.
Look at that happy face with the Holy Ghost glow


So happy to get prayed for


1 comment:

iluv2prshim said...

Melissa, there is no greater joy than seeing your children filled with the Holy Ghost. I am so happy for you and your family. God is faithful.