Saturday, May 31, 2008

World Class Families

Awesome, awesome, awesome! That is the only way to describe todays World Class Families seminar for the ladies. So many timely things were said that I can't even begin to type them all here. To sum it up, I guess I would say we as mothers and wives need to spend time with our children, pray without ceasing, and devour the Word of God like never before. The ladies that serve as our examples at the Rock Church are World Class to be sure, and their leadership is unparalleled. Thank you Sis. Wilson and Sis. Young for your burden for our families and your committment to seeing the women of TRC become the BEST moms and wives in the World!

After a wonderful Holy Ghost filled first session with a question and answer panel and of course the great and inspired teaching of Sis Wilson, we had lunch out in front of the church by the fountain. The sunshine and fellowship were a great way to spend some time with fellow mommies sans kids. Then we reconvened to hear awesome teaching by Sis Young and breakout Q and A groups geared towards grandparenting, parenting boys, parenting girls, single moms, and homeschool moms. We could leave and join the groups throughout the time in order to hear advice and get answers on any of the subjects we needed. I started with the girl group lead by Sis Patty Felt. I heard some great ideas on spending time with daughters, encouraging daddy/daughter time, creating special memories and traditions, how to approach "the birds and the bees", and how to foster a child's independence. I then went to the boy group lead by Sis. Sargent and Sis Jill Lewis. There were many great ideas about how to encourage your boy to be independent, how to plan time for Dad and his son, and how to face those hard dating years.

All in all it was definitely World Class. We are taking a break for the summer, but I know I speak for many, many other ladies when I say I can't wait for the next one and I will spend my summer making those connections with my kids like Sis. Young suggested. Our kids and families are worth ever bit of hard work and sacrifice that we give and the love and devotion and satisfaction that we receive back are immeasurable.

2 comments:

East Coast-er Momma said...

Do post some of the tips!!! I NEED some pointers...I'm out here and really miss the coaching offered back home. thanks!

Vonney said...

Melissa,
Well said! Ditto on that! It was great!