Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Denae praying

Last night, Denae did the most precious thing. After church, the kids all had a snack and were put to bed. I layed Denae in bed with me while I read for a bit and Kevin finished up some paperwork for his job. She tossed and turned and layed on me, crawling all over the bed while singing and talking to herself. She finally laid still and started singing a song I couldn't recognize, but after a few minutes I realized she wasn't singing. She was talking. So I listened for a minute. She kept saying, "Jesuh, Jesuh," which is being interpretted, "Jesus." I looked over at her and she was laying on her back with her hands clasped in front of her face, praying. I began to listen and watch to see what she would do. Sometimes she lifted her hands, other times she covered her face, but the whole time she was praying. I wasn't able to understand it all, but I did catch "Jesus," "Dallas be a good boy," (a frequent prayer in our house when praying with the kids!), "Momma" and "Daddy." She also said, "N-n-n-n-nobody," which is part of a song the kids sang in choir Sunday that Denae picked up on and likes to sing. (Who is like the Lord? Nobody! Who is like the Lord? N-n-n-n-nobody!) After a few minutes she got quiet and her eyelids began to droop. Soon she was fast asleep. Denae prayed herself to sleep! I thought this was so precious. Jesus adnonished us to become as little children for such is the kingdom of God. I can just imagine Him smiling down on Denae as she prayed in her own way until she fell asleep. Sweet dreams little one!

1 comment:

Vonney said...

That is too sweet!