Saturday, November 3, 2007

Just Another Day

Today was "just another day." Nothing out of the ordinary or exciting happened today. I don't even have a picture to post. It was just a Saturday at home with kids, enjoying the nice weather. The kids were up by 7:30, as usual. They played outside for most of the day with some neighborhood/church friends and two kids who came over for a few hours while their mom was at choir clinic. (That is the nice thing about living down the street from the church: there are always people dropping by, stopping by, or sometimes just waving as they drive by.) Kevin went over to his sister's house to help them install new flooring. Later we had a Kick-off for Bible Quizzing at the church, which included a really cute slideshow of the kids this past season. It was amazing to see how the kids have changed in just a few short months. We had pizza for dinner and ate in the living room in front of a cozy fire. We had cookies for dessert as the girls reviewed quizzing verses and we talked about what they meant. The kids took showers and I spent forever curling my girls' pentecostal hair for church. Their hair is getting so long and thick and beautiful. Then it was bedtime with stories and prayers.

Now, the house is quiet. No kids running in and out. No laughter. No shouting. Nowhere to go. Nothing to do. Peaceful. And now, if I take the time, I can look back at my "just another day," and realize how special it was. Nothing big happened, but memories were made. Riding bikes on the church parking lot with friends. Spending time with family working on a big project. Celebrating our kids' achievements in quizzing. Having a pizza picnic. And now sharing my thoughts with you.

That's what life is all about, I think. It's not always "top of the mountain" experiences or exciting trips. It's not about the next big thing I can post about on my blog or memorialize in a scrapbook. It's about the little things that happen in between. It's about all my"just another days." I took time out tonight to enjoy mine, now I hope you enjoy yours.

No comments: