Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I have been so blessed to have wonderful men in my life that true examples of what it means to be Godly men.

First of all, Happy Father's Day, Kevin! You are such a great husband, daddy, provider, and leader of our home. You work so hard and do everything you can to take care of us and allow me to stay at home with the kids. Thank you for that. You take time to be with kids, whether its all together for a game of softball in the backyard or wrestling on the living room floor, or for special one on one times for a trip to Costco, to go get donuts, or even to go to work with you. You make each one of the kids feel so special and loved. We love you and appreciate you.

Also, Happy Father's Day to my daddy, the best Daddy and Poppa ever!! You have always been my rock, my hero. You were there for me when I was growing up and provided a safe haven during the rocky times. I remember playing ball with you in the front yard and the game where we would throw the ball over the roof of the house. I know that things would get tough sometimes, but we kids never knew it. As a young lady, you taught me what it meant to be treated like a lady and I knew to never, ever except less than the best. You were like a guard dog when it came to the guys, and I thank you for that. Now, you still do everything you can to take care of your kids and grandkids and we appreciate it. I love to watch you play with my kids the way you used to play with me. I know I can always count on you when I need I help. I guess I'll always be your "baby girl." We love you!

To my father-in-law, Happy Father's Day! You are a great dad and dad-in-law. We always know who to call when something breaks and needs fixed. You love your grandkids to a distraction and they return the favor by adoring you. You taught Kevin how to be a man and his loyalty, work ethic, and rock-solid faith are a direct result of your influence in his life. Thank you and we love you.

To Brent, Paul, and Craig: Happy Father's Day! Hope you have a great day! You are all great Dad's raising great kids. Kevin and I have learned a lot about parenting by watching each of you with your families. We are blessed to have such wonderful men our families training up our nieces and nephews.


No comments: