Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uncommon Favor

Oh, my! God is soo awesome! These last few months one of our church prayers has been for uncommon favor, and since 2008 has begun God has been blessing my family in awesome way. Financially, we have had the opportunity to make more "extra" money, above and beyond the normal income, than ever before. Kevin had been blessed with many extra jobs, as well as bonus commissions at work. I have been praying about taking on at least one other child in a childcare capcity (I already have one), all the while knowing that even though the $$ would be a blessing, the vehicle situation would be a trial. We have a truck that I use that seats 6, and with me, my four, and my "other" child, that maxes out the seating. Not a big deal, except when it is time to pick Delaney up from school or errands later in the day. I really can't fit another child in the truck. However, God answered my prayer and worked it out on my behalf in an unbelievable way! The mom whose child I already watch has a friend that she works with. Their hours are changing and the friend needed to find a new childcare provider. The awesome thing is, that will mean the hours I keep the girls, both 2 or close to it, will be the same. I will have plenty of time to get my girls to school in morning and get some stuff done before they get to my house. Then, another friend that has children that attend school with my girls will pick Delaney up and bring her home for the rest of January. My girls are then off track (out of school) for 5, that's right FIVE, weeks in Feb. and the first of March. That gives us almost 2 mos to get the vehicle situation taken care of. I am praying for either a mini-van or something that seats 8, in a pretty, medium blue. I know God answers prayer, so I decided to get specific.:) Also, another friend of mine needs someone on a more sporadic basis to watch her son on the weekends, so that would be an added bonus. He hasn't just blessed us financially, but that is what I am tesitfying about right now. We just have such a peace and trust regarding our financial situation now. Where before we had worry and fret about bills, etc and the future, we now are looking back, seeing that even though we don't know how, God has made a way, and now He is blessing us with this uncommon favor that is literally blowing our minds. I wish I could explain it all in this post, but I don't think there is room on my page! We are still busy and even busier, but it is with the knowledge He is working for us and through us to achieve His will and purpose. We know that God will continue to bless us as we bless His kingdom. I know that somehow, someway, God is going to allow us to become an even bigger blessing in His kingdom than ever before. I know God is doing awesome things for others, so feel free to comment and share your blessing with me. I would love to hear about all the other awesome things my God is doing!!!

No comments: