Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Slideshow

We had a great time with my mom and dad at Thanksgiving. They came in on Wednesday. We were all so excited to see them. I had already picked up most of the stuff for cooking, so Mom and I enjoyed making the Holiday meal together on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Thanksgiving day was great. I got out the kids Little People Christmas Village and they enjoyed playing with that ALL DAY!! How great is that. Of course, after Thanksgiving Dinner, it was a universal nap time. I think everyone had a snooze. Friday we went shopping. My mom and dad actually got up at 4 AM to go out!! Of course that is 6 o'clock Texas time, but still!! We were keeping them up late to visit. Anyway, they came back around 9 and we all went back out. The kids love to shop with grandma and poppa. They get way too much stuff lol!! We also enjoyed the lighting of the Christmas Tree at K-street mall downtown. The fireworks surprised my kids at the end as they were let off almost directley above where we stood. Very Loud!! My dad was holding Denae and he said when the first one went off she looked up wide eyed and shocked, and then just buried her head in his shoulder. I was really glad at how my kids took to my mom and dad, especially Denae and Dallas. The girls are old enough to remember the last time they saw them and all, but Denae hasn't seen them in 9 months, a pretty long time for a 2 year old. And Dallas hadn't seen them in 15 months, so he was only 3 last time he saw them. Any way, after the Christmas tree lighing, we took some pics of the kids at some holiday displays and went home to have Christmas with Grandma and Poppa. That was fun!! We lit a fire in the fireplace and opened gifts, listening to Christmas music. The girls got gorgeous dresses, including a set that matched for all 3 girls. Dallas got some much needed (and loved) 5 pocket basic bluejeans, his all time favorite thing to wear, and a new suit for church, his next favorite thing. The next day we went to Applehill for the day. That was fun. We got there pretty early and hit a couple a favorite spots before the crowd. We went to our most favorite spot last, and by then it was pretty busy. Lots of people out getting the fresh cut Christmas trees. We went to church, of course, on Sunday. I always enjoy the opportunity to be in church with my parents. Darilyn was baptized on Sunday night. I will post pics of that in another slideshow. All in all, it was a great holiday and we enjoyed my parents visit. Can't wait for the next one!!!!

(I created a wonderful slideshow of this visit, but unfortunately the aformentioned problem of the wrong slideshow posting is happening again. What is going on?!!!)

No comments: