Friday, September 5, 2008

Camping Out

One of the fun things we did this summer wast to camp out in our backyard. We set up the one room tent, which I then filled with airmattress and pallets from wall to wall. We cooked out (hot dogs, an all time family fave). And then we made smores, yumm! The kids love it! And it was very affordable lol! (Denae was actually asleep on the couch for a lot of this, but did wake up in time for a hot dog.) After playing chase in the dark, we let the kids change into their jammies in the tent (Kevin and I cheated a bit and used the house to change) We then piled up in the tent, enjoying the night sights and sounds through the tent window, which included watching a search helicopter fly around with its big light shining looking for someone (thankfully the helicopter was not very close by or our camp out would have been over). After a bedtime Bible story we snuggled down to sleep. At least most of us did. I think Delaney and Darilyn whispered for hours. Everytime I woke up, they were whispering, had rearranged their "bed", or had changed into the next days clothes and back into jammies. Good grief! You'd have thought they didn't share a bed every night! lol But all in all it was great fun and I think we will do it again.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Melissa!! I'm glad you're back on the blogging scene. I wish I could have seen you while you were in Texas, maybe soon. The pictures are great of the kids. They are getting so big!! The camp out looks fun, for ya'll. :) I'm not a true camper, I would rather have a RV. lol Tell Kevin & the kids "Hi" and give the kids hugs & kisses from all of us. Love ya'll!!!

TRC Rockers said...

What a great idea! Looks like the kids had a blast. I think I'm craving s'mores now, mmmm!

Kim said...

I was just thinking about camping and how that was something we wanted to do this summer, then I thought well we could always camp here, and now I see how much fun it looks like, I think we will give it a try soon!! gotta love them s'mores!