Sunday, August 3, 2008

Prayer Request

For those of you who don't know (and even those who do), my mom and dad have really been through it the last couple of months with my mom being in and out of the hospital with surgery, etc. She is doing a lot better and is at home, but still needs prayer to continue getting better. However, recently it has come to light that my dad has lumps in his right hand. It turned out that the dr thought they were most likely benign tumors and he had surgery to remove them on Thursday. During surgery, the doctor discovered that it was actually one very large tumor that had grown extremely fast and did not look good. He wasn't able to remove all of the roots as they went to far into the muscle, etc. and to do so would have cost my dad use of his hand, especially his thumb. This is very important to his livelihood as a millright. Anyways, the surgeon called a pathologist to come in to look because even though they originally thought the tumors would be benign, he no longer was certain of this due to the speed of growth and the look of the tumor. Now we have to wait 5 days to find out the results of the labs to know if it is malignent. If so, the dr will have to go back in and remove the rest of the roots, which will mean Dad won't be able to use his hand like he needs to. And of course, cancer treatment. Please pray for my dad and my mom, that God will intervene in this situation for my dad and continue to heal my mom (and for me, because I am going crazy worrying about them but am not able to be there).

3 comments:

Kim said...

Melissa, I will keep your parents in my prayers, isn't it interesting how as we get older the tables turn and we pray for our parents when before they were always praying for us? Now it is our turn to give to them what they gave to us. I will also keep you in my prayers while going through this with them. love ya!

TRC Rockers said...

Before I read Kim's post I thought the exact same thing. What a blessing it must be for your parents to have their prayers returned!

Danelle Layne said...

Melissa,
Hey how are you? I had no idea about both your parents being sick!! They will definitely be in Matt's and my prayers!! Give them my love next time you talk to them. Your children are absolutely beautiful!!! Go check out my blog too! www.danelle84.wordpress.com

Love you