Saturday, August 16, 2008

Howdy from Texas

I've been in Texas for the past couple of days spending some time with my mom and dad. Kevin stayed home with the kids so that I could come check on my parents and help them in getting some things done around the house. Not totally a vacation, but still a break from the normal day to day. First, a praise report! My dad's diagnosis on the tumor came back benign! Hallelujah! The roots are there of course, but we are claiming a complete healing. And my mom is doing better, although still in recovery. I was able to help her get her house cleaned and get some stuff unpacked. The kids really wanted to come, but it was just better they didn't this time. When I was telling the kids that I would be flying to TX, Denae looked at me with her big blue eyes and said, "I come too?" It was so sweet. Then she spent the whole day before I left running around the house in excitement saying, "I go fwy!(fly)" The girls gave me a little letter before I left saying that they wished they could come and that they were praying for me and grandma and grandpa. They also drew a picture of an airplane on it. When I talked to Dallas the other night, he wanted to know when I was coming home. He also wanted to know why he couldn't hear my mom and dad when I was talking on the phone. I guess he thought they should be as loud as the kids are when mommy is on the phone! The kids are being really good while I am gone, or so I have been told. Kevin's mom and dad came down to help him while I was gone. I guess Denae's potty training wasn't going as well as it had been, but with her mommy gone, I guess that's to be expected. Anyway, I'll post more when I get home, but I have really enjoyed my visit 'home.' As Kim said, "Home is where the mom is!" I think that is true no matter how old we get! Hopefully I'll get to bring all the kids and Kevin back for a visit, maybe next Christmas. I can always dream, right?

2 comments:

TRC Rockers said...

Glad to hear everything's going so well! Enjoy your time alone.

Haley said...

you could have told me i would had of made plans to come down there to see you i realy miss you and all the kids and uncle kevin and all