Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Now that's what I call quoting

Kevin made a deal with the girls this week that if they can quote all 184 verses in 40 minutes or less, they will get $5. 30 min or less earns them another $5 (or a total of $10) and 25 min or less gets them a total of $20. Well, Delaney's first try was 32 min. She tried again today and did her verses in 27 1/2 min (that's all 184 verses with NO mistakes!!) She is now stoked to get an extra $10 out of her dad tomorrow by quoting in less than 25 min. I think she can do it, but it will take some serious speed. Darilyn's first try was about 47 min, but she wasn't really motivated at the time. Today, we timed her on half of the verses (92) and she clocked in at 14 1/2 minutes with only 1 mistake (and that was just due to quoting so fast)! This put her on a good track to finish everything in about 30 min, but we weren't able to finish her session due to a mishap which I will post about later. So, tomorrow morning Darilyn will get to try again for her $10, and let me tell you, she can speed through them when she gets to going! Let's see how much money they can get from their dad this week! I think I hear the mall calling me (I mean THEM haha!)

No comments: