Friday, February 8, 2008

Texas Time

For those of you who have been wondering why I haven't posted anything new in a while, it is because I have been living in Texas Time! This past weekend I flew in to visit my family at my sister's home and church. I went to see my two new nieces, but in the process was able to surprise my sister! It was such fun! I took Denae with me and Kevin stayed behind with the other 3. I was only there over the weekend, and really wished my husband and kids could have come, but still had a GREAT time. We laughed and cried and sang and laughed and sang some more. And the kids played non-stop, although we did get them cleaned up and sitting still in time for church:) I do have to tell a funny story from the trip. We were out eating at a local Mexican food place, enjoying the fellowship, when we noticed a b-day party going on closeby. As we got up to leave, one of the ladies asked to take a picture of Denae. Her grandmother, the guest of honor really liked the outfit, etc. Well, we said sure. Before I knew waht was happening, we were all gathering around so we could give the 90 (or so) year old grandmother a "treat" (my dad's words!) We sang "Happy Birthday to You", and appartently no one had given any fore thought to what to call her in the song. We were all looking at each other as that line in the song got closer, then my Dad saved the day! "Dear Mama!" he sang and we all followed along. I guess he had heard them calling her that. Well they loved it! They laughed and took pictures and it was the birth of "The Singing McDaniel's"!! lol If you want to see at least a million pictures of this past weekend, then go to my sister's blog at www.pkthrasher.blogspot.com. She has done a wonderful job on some slideshows, and as I couldn't do any better, I thought I would let you enjoy her work:) I told you I would this, Mom!!lol

No comments: