Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Enjoying the Good Life

I am currently sitting in my living room thinking about the past few months and what I should post for an update. If I could sum it all up in one short sentence, which I probably should because the long version would get incrediably loooong and boring, I would just say, "God is in heaven and all is right in the world." We have been blessed over and over again. Our jobs are going great, our health is good, our kids are perfect . . . okay, not really, but one can always hope, right? Seriously, everything has been great.

The oldest 3 took part in a kids musical production at church for Father's Day. It was about Noah and the Ark. Very cute production. The kids all had solos and each did fantastic if I do say so myself. It was Dallas's first time in a play and he had a small solo. He sang his part like a pro. And the girls sang very pretty as well. In fact, I think all the kids in the play did phenomenal under Sis. Tishauna's dedicated tutelage. It was lots of fun.

Bible Quizzing Regional Finals took place towards the end of June, which was the last tournament for our beginner quizzers. All of the kids did such a good job. Just finishing out the year at this age, and learning 184 verses, is such an accomplishment for anyone, really, but especially for our young quizzers. Our church program had a really good showing in the Beginner Division. Darilyn and her teamate and friend, Kayla, took 3rd, another 2 friends, Oriana and Raney took 2nd, and Delaney and her teamates and friends, Cali and Breighlyn, took first. Our friends from the Rialto church took 4th. Then the all tournament team was, from 5th to 1st, Kayla, Logan (Rialto), Darilyn, Oriana, and Delaney. Delaney then won a very high honor of being voted Quizzer of the Year for the Beginner Division. She was suprised and very honored to get that award as the other quizzzers and coaches all vote for who to give that award too. I must say, I was very proud of our kids this year. And by then very ready for a break!! lol

We took a trip to Tulsa in July for the National Quiz Tournament, which went great, and were able to spend some time with my mom and dad as well as see my niece Mallory, my nephew Logan, and my niece Jacy.

The kids then started school. They are in 3rd, 2nd, and kindergarten. School has been going really well for all 3. Delaney will be taking the test for the gifted and talented program on Saturday. Darilyn is doing great in all her subjects. Dallas is recognizing sight words and learning to sound out words, too. He is doing really well in the math related subjects as well. He did have some adjustments to make with paying attention and not talking, but those issues have been worked out to the teacher's satisfaction.

Denae and I began preschool together, her as a student and me as the teacher. There are 6 other children and we have class 2 days a week. We are having fun and learning a lot, although at this point I think I have had the most to learn! lol

Delaney and Darlyn began piano lessons in the middle of September. They are really enjoying the lessons and it is fun to hear them practicing. With my limited knowledge I am able to help them some, but I am enjoying the chance to 're-learn' many of the things I had forgotten. The girls also love their teacher, Janell Coskun. She is really great with them, always encouraging them with what they do and giving them the opportunity to push themselves.

Bible quizzing has resumed, at least partially. Tournaments won't begin until January. I updated our Quizzing Sidebar so check out that for the lastest news.

Well, that about sums up our last few months. Oh, except, I rejoined choir after about a nine year "break." I will post pics of the kids in a little while. Till then, God is great!!!

No comments: